It's a rare occasion when I am able to experience what Brett does day in and day out. Though I have been more fortunate than other pilot wives, I'm up to about 18 or so flights in a helicopter in 4 years. 4 of which have been just Brett and I.
I think I love flying just as much as my husband. I have been telling him for years now, that for a Bday present I want an Intro Flight, ( to learn more about one of those thing-a-ma-bobs
click here ) . I have yet to enjoy one of those, though 2 years ago on my birthday, I did get to fly with him for the first time by ourselves.
The view from above amazes me every time. I feel like a kid again playing city with my hot-wheels and micro-machines; and building miniature cities with legos. That's what is feels like. Nothing compares to flying in a helicopter. No runways, still being able to see detail on buildings and people swimming in their pools because of the ability to fly lower than everyone else, no tiny windows that only allow you to see a square foot of the outside world. I love it and I couldn't be more enthusiastic and proud about what my man does for a living!
Well enough of that gushy stuff; back to this weekend...
Brett called me Friday afternoon and told me to find a sitter so that I could go with him on a flight over to Dallas Love. He had a firework tour and was to pick up his passengers there. So I got to go along (probably the only opportunity I will get here in the Big State) so of course I did all I could so that I could go!
 |
| The Hunk, pre-flighting |
 |
| Why am I always the one looking dumb, and he is never paying attention! |
 |
| So EXCITED!!!! |
 |
| #1 Rule of living in Texas: Own a pool!! |
 |
Not the best pic, but the dome in the distance is Cowboys stadium and the bright stadium lights to the right of it is Rangers Stadium. There was a Rangers game that night so there was a TFR (temporary flight restriction), so this was as close as we could get. |
 |
| This was the first time I thought it was weird that there were no mountains, I miss my Wellsville's |
 |
Object in camera lens is closer than they appear! This dude was on top of us, at a safe distance of course. |
 |
| Downtown Dallas |
 |
| Awesome Date Night!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment