About Me and My Loves

About Me and My Loves
Howdy Y'all and Welcome! I have been married to my studly hubby for almost 5 years now; who is an energetic, outgoing, handyman helicopter pilot. We recently made our first big move cross country from Utah to Texas with our now 20mo. old "Rae of Sunshine" Azure. We love experiencing anything and everything and holding nothing back. We love dreaming and creating things of all kinds together. I hope that this blog will help our families back home keep up with our busy life, and maybe inspire some along the way...from family to home, money to food, holidays, travel, photography and crafts. this... this is my life!.... Enjoy.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

A day of REST!!!

 Sunday's are nice, aren't they? 

You get to sleep in, take it easy, and on this particular Sunday I even got breakfast in bed!! 
Well...sort of. It was the thought that counts. I would have gotten to eat it in bed, except that a sick toddler had just thrown up her strawberry milk all over my white sheets! 
But thanks anyways, dear. I loves me some scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast.


So here in Texas our church doesn't start until 1:30p.m. Which at first, I thought I was going to have to take a sabbatical until January, because let's face it, that time block stinks!! But now that we are in the groove. It's actually not bad. *Here's to hoping for the same outcome next year when we have 8:30a.m. church!

Our typical Sunday routine begins with getting out of bed around 8am. Which is late in our house. Azure is an "alert when the sun comes up" girl. 

After rolling out of bed we cook a nice breakfast, rather than the cold cereal that usually is generated in our bowls during the week. 
Then it is lesson planning, bath-taking, straightening the house, preparing dinner in the crockpot time. 
Next is my favorite part... Naptime. Now I am not a nap taker, It makes me feel worse than before. That, and I just can't settle down. I'm too much of a busy body. However, my two sidekicks are nap seeking soldiers. 
So that means that I get peace and quiet, and no messes for 2 whole hours!


Today Azure is sick, so I'm hoping she sleeps longer. And then Brett and I will be doing the trade shift for church. Today was supposed to be RaeRae's first day of nursery, but that isn't happening now. So for today, it's my turn to go to sacrament meeting and then come home while Brett goes to YM's.

No comments: