About Me and My Loves

About Me and My Loves
Howdy Y'all and Welcome! I have been married to my studly hubby for almost 5 years now; who is an energetic, outgoing, handyman helicopter pilot. We recently made our first big move cross country from Utah to Texas with our now 20mo. old "Rae of Sunshine" Azure. We love experiencing anything and everything and holding nothing back. We love dreaming and creating things of all kinds together. I hope that this blog will help our families back home keep up with our busy life, and maybe inspire some along the way...from family to home, money to food, holidays, travel, photography and crafts. this... this is my life!.... Enjoy.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Peppermint Peek - A - Boo Cookies



Get out your holiday stretchy pants! 
Cause these yummy-gooey oh-so-easy-to-make cookies will be gone before Santa checks his list TWICE!

I was in a bind the other day; needing a holiday treat for our ward Christmas party, because what I originally wanted to make fell apart... literally.

So I hurried and threw together these Peppermint Peek-A-Boo Cookies and man was I proud of myself!


Here is what you will need...


Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (Unwrapped) 



Cookie Dough Recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cups cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (soft but NOT melted)
1 tsp vanilla


Once again, unwrap the kisses before you start. This is the most time consuming and difficult part ;) Oh and this recipe made about 30 cookies.
Beat Sugars and Butter until FLUFFY! Add Vanilla and Egg. Beat until combined. Add all other Ingredients and beat until dough is formed.

Take a small amount of dough and flatten in the palm of you hand. Take a Candy Cane Kiss and place it in the center of the flattened dough. Form the dough around the Kiss and roll into a ball. Repeat.

Place Cookie Balls about an inch or two apart on Sprayed or Parchment Paper lined cookie sheet. *Note: I always use Parchment Paper! I can't live with out it! But I seemed to be out of many things in my kitchen this day and Parchment Paper was one of them.

Bake @ 375 for 7-9 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet 1 min. then transfer cookies to a cookie rack to finish cooling.

I always try to do any baking during nap time, otherwise I have this hungry creature begging for "treats" !



For Added Pleasure; You can roll balls in powdered sugar, or sprinkles before baking. I did not do this because I was short on time.

Enjoy!

No comments: