About Me and My Loves

About Me and My Loves
Howdy Y'all and Welcome! I have been married to my studly hubby for almost 5 years now; who is an energetic, outgoing, handyman helicopter pilot. We recently made our first big move cross country from Utah to Texas with our now 20mo. old "Rae of Sunshine" Azure. We love experiencing anything and everything and holding nothing back. We love dreaming and creating things of all kinds together. I hope that this blog will help our families back home keep up with our busy life, and maybe inspire some along the way...from family to home, money to food, holidays, travel, photography and crafts. this... this is my life!.... Enjoy.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

So let me tell you about my wonderful Thursday... It all started at 2:30 in the morning when the alarm went off in mine and bretts hotel room. So i rolled out of bed and packed my bags to climb onto a bus that had to drive an hour and a half to the montego bay airport. I then had to wait at the terminal for an hour or more for a plane was to take me to miami. As we hit the soil of florida i looked at my boarding pass for my connecting flight which read departure time 11:15a thinking im making good timing beatre my phone said 10:00. I make it thru the hustle and bustle of immigration and customs. Now on to baggage claim where i wait and wait and wait... And wait! No bag! I look at the clock and its 11:00! And i still have to recheck my bag and find my gate. Finally at ten after my bag drops down. I grab it and run! I looked like i was trying to sneak across the border sprinting with a paniced face! I check my bag and sprint across the three day hike of the airport and get my terminal at 11:29! Crap i had missed it for sure! I take a seat to catch my breathe and keep from crying or laughing because my emotions we mixed up from being so tired...when a voice from heaven sang down to me saying, Now boarding flight number 1518 to nashville tennessee! Yes! I hadn't missed it after all. The plane was leave coming in. So in celebration i go grab me more airport food and go take a pee. Its now 2:00pm and im in nashville waiting for my next flight to chicago and then from there finally to home! Where I will arrive at around 9 or 10. Oh and did i mention that i am alone and have been from the time i stepped onto the bus, because brett had to stay in jamaica and finish work. This is the first time ever i have had to fly and handle an airport alone! By the way brett i love you, but you are never booking my flights again! :)

3 comments:

mason said...

Hey Brett. It was so good to come across your blog! It is fun to see old friends.

Mary Ellen said...

Hey- Sandi lead me to your blog! So fun to see you and your cute wife. And you had me linked already- you have to leave messages so I know!

This Idaho Girl said...

Way to be brave (and quick) Tiara! You even survived the Chicago airport on your own.